Saturday 18 October 2014

I don’t charge N1.5m for collaboration, I charge as much as N10m and that is not a lie- Wizkid

Screenshots_2014-10-18-08-06-39
Starboy, Wizkid, has really been bashed like a kid by some of his colleagues in recent times. In less than two weeks, two of the people he has worked with seem not to be happy with him.

He was still smarting from Samklef, his former producer’s bashing when singer, Saeon, dissed him again on social media. The singer indirectly said that Wizzy didn’t help in promoting the song in which she featured him even though he got N1.5m from her.

But explaining his side of the story, Wizkid said he was not aware that she was bitter against him. He stated that he did not want to do the collaboration but Saeon was on his neck and willing to pay him and so he agreed.

“I think I tried in the case of Saeon. I gave her a hit song and it was my boy that produced it. I did my part of the job to record the song and I was also in the video. I don’t charge N1.5m for collaboration, I charge as much as N10m and that is not a lie. If I did it for her for that price it was out of love. I did not even want to do it for her because I was busy. I will not lie; I did not want to do it. I don’t charge the people I love for collaboration but when they get on my neck and they wouldn’t mind paying to make the song, then I would agree. If I had declined, they would say I am a terrible person. I am just trying to be a good guy,” he said.

Wizzy also commented on the rift with Samklef, who said in a recent interview, that he regrets working with the Pakuromo crooner.

“Everyone has their own opinion about people. If people say you are terrible, you should go and ask those people what exactly you did to make you a terrible person. For four years that I was making music with Samklef, everybody knew who he was. I was going about shouting ‘Samklef noni’. I am just being myself and trying to be a good person, everybody cannot like me and everybody cannot hate me. Fame has not changed me; the only thing it has changed is just the accessories I use and my clothes. I am still the same person,” Wizkid said.

The singer is currently part of the Hennessey Artistry team and has composed a theme song with music legend, Tuface.

0 comments:

Post a Comment